Have you heard of Beautycounter?
Its mission is to get safer skincare and cosmetic products into the hands of everyone.
So what does safer mean?
- Beautycounter goes beyond what is legally required to ensure that their products work beautifully without compromising safety.
- Every potential ingredient is screened for specific human health hazards like cancer, hormone disruption and toxicity.
- Over 80% of the ingredients used are organic, natural or derived from plants and the rest are held to the same rigorous standard of safety and performance.
- Beautycounter has created the Never List which is over 1500 harmful ingredients that will Never be used in their products. Examples are those ingredients you can't pronounce on your typical moisturizer or what you ingest without knowing in your lip gloss.
- They aim to use sustainable and non-GMO suppliers.
- They go beyond what is required by law and identify every ingredient on their labels, even fragrance components. Some other manufacturers can hide a lot of chemicals under the single word "fragrance".
- The European Union has banned over 1300 ingredients from personal care products and the USA has banned just 30!
About EWG VERIFIED™
Beautycounter is verified by the Environmental Working Group. EWG offers its EWG VERIFIED™ mark as a quick and easily identifiable way of conveying personal care products that meet EWG's strict health criteria. Before a company can use EWG VERIFIED™ on such products, the company must show that it fully discloses the products' ingredients on their labels or packaging, they do not contain EWG ingredients of concern, and are made with good manufacturing practices, among other criteria.
Interested? Click the red button below to learn more and shop.